At IR Counselling I collect and hold some sensitive data about you.
To fully comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, I want to assure you of a few things:
- The information collected is information that is necessary for contact and in the case of emergency – your name, address, email, phone number.
- I ask for this information as you are part of ongoing therapy. During our work together, I make minimal notes of what we have talked about during sessions to inform our work together. This may contain other ‘personal data’ you share such as age, children, gender, occupation, and health. This is kept separate from any identifiable information to ensure anonymity.
- My supervisor is given your name and phone number in a password protected document so that in the event of me being incapacitated you can be informed.
- This data is stored safely in compliance with GDPR.
- Your data is kept confidential and secure – in a locked cabinet and/or password protected PC or phone - and in accordance with GDPR.
- At any point you have full access to this data.
- Your data will be kept for the duration of our work together. When our work together has finished, all data except for session notes (which will be stored for up to 7 years) will be deleted or securely disposed of.
- At any point you can request to be removed from my database.
- IR Counselling will never share your data with any external agencies for any commercial or other purpose.
- If you have any concerns with how I use your information, please speak to me. If you have any further questions or complaints, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office, https://www.ico.org.uk/ - Registration number: ZA830178